Maze E-Bike Tour
Our safety measures against COVID-19
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
*Please make sure to check your temperature before leaving an accommodation. If you are not well, please stay for yourself and other guests.
- Rate: 25,000 JPY~ / person (Depends on season & number of people)
*Private tour : Please contact us first to check the availability.
Participants Rate for group 2 people 121,500 JPY 3 people 130,000 JPY 4 people 137,500 JPY 5 people 150,000 JPY 6 people 162,500 JPY
- Duration: 6 hours
- Distance: Approx. 28km
- Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Period: March – November
- Number of Participants: 2 – 6
- Departure & Return: JR Hida-Hagiwara station (8:00am train leaving Takayama arrives at Hida-Hagiwara at 8:37am)
- English speaking guide
- Rental e-bike (Panasonic)
- Use of helmet
- Local taxes
- Tea or Coffee
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Bottle of water
- No basket attached on e-bike
- Minimum height is 145cm and maximum height is 185cm
- We do not take any responsibility for any problem, concern and discomfort that a person who is out of the height limits has on a bike ride
- Participants should be capable of cycling
- Not recommended for those who have not ridden a bike for a long time
- Not recommended for those who have any heart or vision problem since there is 1km×2 dark tunnel (participants can choose cycling or walking through the tunnel for safety reason)
- Please note that you have to cycle by yourself from start to end since no support car follows us
- Please book a private tour not to bother yourself and other guests if you are not so confident in your physical strength
- No child seat is available
- We may cancel a tour due to poor weather and road condition (full refund)
- No refund or no alternative date will be given when you do not show up at the meeting time for any reason (meeting time is 10 minutes before start time of tour)
- Please understand that we very occasionally take 7-8 guests at once depending on availability or weather
- Please let us know at time of booking if you have any food restriction or allergy (available for vegetarian)
- 31 days or more prior to the tour date: 0% of a tour fee
- 15 days to 30 days prior to the tour date: 10% of a tour fee
- 8 days to 14 days prior to the tour date: 30% of a tour fee
- 4 days to 7 days prior to the tour date: 50% of a tour fee
- 1 day to 3 days prior to the tour date: 80% of a tour fee
- Within 1 day prior to the tour date or no show: 100% of a tour fee
*When the tour is cancelled due to bad weather or road condition, we will give you a full refund.
- Participants can bring and store suitcases inside of our bike garage during the tour so that they can directly head to the next destination such as Kyoto or Tokyo just after the tour
- It is preferred to bring a jacket and gloves to keep you warm in autumn and winter season
- The current model bike does not have any basket for safety so it is better to bring a backpack
Our guide welcome you at the station. After the registration, he or she shares the summary of tour and how to use e-bike.
The first stop is the historical shrine. This is the oldest building in the Hagiwara Town, which has an interesting story related history of the Hida region.
In the middle of town, there is a traditional sake brewery. You can take a look in the shop without tasting. (Weekend closed)
After the uphill and tunnel, you will see the scenic valley village, and bike along the super clear river that you have never seen before.
Lunch is always the highlight of tour. All meals are prepared with only local produce. When the restaurant is closed, local bento box is provided.
Before going back to the station, we stop by the crystal river for a leisurely time.
The way back to the station is mainly downhill, which you can feel the clear mountain breeze just to go down easily.