Hagiwara Rural Walking Tour
Our safety measures against COVID-19
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
*Please make sure to check your temperature before leaving an accommodation. If you are not well, please stay for yourself and other guests.
9,0007,000 JPY / person
- Duration: 2 hours
- Distance: Approx. 3.5km
- Start Time: 9:00 AM / 1:30 PM / 4:00 PM (4:00PM tour is only available from April to September)
- Period: All Year
- Number of Participants: 2 – 10
- Departure & Return: JR Hida-Hagiwara station (8:00am train leaving Takayama arrives at Hida-Hagiwara at 8:36am / 12:34pm train arrives at 1:10pm / 2:51pm train arrives at 3:44pm)
- English speaking guide
- Coffee or Tea
- Local taxes
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Please let us know at time of booking if you have any food restriction or allergy
- When it rains or snows, we will basically hold the tour as scheduled
- If it is canceled due to poor weather, you will be offered a different date or a full refund
- 8 days or more prior to the tour date: 0% of a tour fee
- 4 days to 7 days prior to the tour date: 30% of a tour fee
- 1 day to 3 days prior to the tour date: 50% of a tour fee
- Within 1 day prior to the tour date or no show: 100% of a tour fee
- During the tour, you can leave big luggage inside of the store in front of the station
- It is preferred to bring a jacket and gloves to keep you warm in autumn and winter season
- It might be possible to hold the tour on a date or time not listed on the booking calendar so please feel free to contact us
9:00 AM - Meet up & Instruction
Our guide welcome you at the station and share some instructions about tour.
9:30 AM - Old shinto shrine
Best place to understand the historical background of Hagiwara and the Hida region.
10:00 AM - Local shopping street
You visit the shopping street in the town. It is not for tourists but 100% for locals.
10:30 AM - Water spring spot
100% natural water from mountains near the town. One of the beauty of nature in Japan’s countryside.
11:00 AM - Return to the station
You safely come back to the station with full of joy and knowledge about the rural life in Japan.
“I would definitely recommend this tour to people who are visiting this part of Japan, and who want to learn more about Japanese history and culture. Our experience was that private tours such as this one were good value and such a great experience since you get to talk to local Japanese people who are knowledgeable and really hospitable.”
“What a wonderful tour to be on. Daisuke is very knowledgeable and is an interesting and funny tour guide. I would recommend this tour to anyone who wishes to see parts of Japan outside the major cities. It is wonderful to catch a glimpse into life in the more regional parts of the country that you won't see in the big cities.”
Comments are closed.