Maze E-Bike Tour – Half
Our safety measures against COVID-19
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
*Please make sure to check your temperature before leaving an accommodation. If you are not well, please stay for yourself and other guests.
17,00015,000 JPY~ / person (Depends on season)
*Private tour : Please contact us first to check the availability.
Participants Rate for group 2 people 67,500 JPY 3 people 75,000 JPY 4 people 82,500 JPY 5 people 90,000 JPY 6 people 97,500 JPY
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Distance: Approx. 24km
- Start Time: 9:00 AM or 1:30 PM (Afternoon tour is only available for private tour from April to October)
- Period: March – December
- Number of Participants: 2 – 6
- Departure & Return: JR Hida-Hagiwara station (8:00am train leaving Takayama arrives at Hida-Hagiwara at 8:37am / 12:35pm train arrives at 1:12pm)
- English speaking guide
- Rental e-bike (Panasonic)
- Use of helmet
- Local taxes
- Coffee or Tea
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- No basket attached on e-bike
- Bottle of water
- Minimum height is 145cm and maximum height is 190cm
- We do not take any responsibility for any problem, concern and discomfort that a person who is out of the height limits has on a bike ride
- Participants should be capable of cycling
- Not recommended for those who have not ridden a bike for a long time
- Not recommended for those who have any heart or vision problem since there is 1km×2 dark tunnel (participants can choose cycling or walking through the tunnel for safety reason)
- Please note that you have to cycle by yourself from start to end since no support car follows us
- Please book a private tour not to bother yourself and other guests if you are not so confident in your physical strength
- No child seat is available
- We may cancel a tour due to poor weather and road condition (full refund)
- No refund or no alternative date will be given when you do not show up at the meeting time for any reason (meeting time is 10 minutes before start time of tour)
- Please understand that we very occasionally take 7-8 guests at once depending on availability or weather
- This tour does not include lunch
- 15 days or more prior to the tour date: 0% of a tour fee
- 8 days to 14 days prior to the tour date: 30% of a tour fee
- 4 days to 7 days prior to the tour date: 50% of a tour fee
- 1 day to 3 days prior to the tour date: 80% of a tour fee
- Within 1 day prior to the tour date or no show: 100% of a tour fee
*When the tour is cancelled due to bad weather or road condition, we will give you a full refund.
- Participants can bring and store suitcases inside of our bike garage during the tour so that they can directly head to the next destination such as Kyoto or Tokyo just after the tour
- It is preferred to bring a jacket and gloves to keep you warm in autumn and winter season
- The current model bike does not have any basket for safety so it is better to bring a backpack
- We can tell you some recommended restaurants for lunch near from the station
Our guide welcome you at the station. After the registration, he or she shares the summary of tour and how to use e-bike.
On the way to the Maze Village, we have some stops. One of the beautiful spots is the townscape and mountain view in Hagiwara.
After the uphill and tunnel, you will see one of the best rivers in Japan. You will be surprised at the color and clearness of water.
Cycling along the river, we will visit the scenic valley village. Our guide will offer you some insights of life in the mountainous area.
Before going back to the station, we stop by the crystal river for a leisurely time. Tea option is available too.
The way back to the station is mainly downhill, which you can feel the clear mountain breeze just to go down easily.