Our safety measures against COVID-19
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
*Please make sure to check your temperature before leaving an accommodation. If you are not well, please stay for yourself and other guests.
- Rate: 9
,0008,500 JPY / person
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Distance: Approx. 24km
- Start Time: 9:00 AM or 1:30 PM (Afternoon tour is only available from April to September)
- Period: March – December
- Number of Participants: 2 – 6
- Departure & Return: JR Hida-Hagiwara station (8:00am train leaving Takayama arrives at Hida-Hagiwara at 8:36am / 12:33pm train arrives at 1:09pm)
- English speaking guide
- Rental e-bike (Panasonic)
- Use of helmet
- Local taxes
- Coffee or Tea
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- No basket attached on e-bikes
- Bottle of water
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Minimum height is 145cm
- Maximum height is 190cm
- Participants should be capable of cycling
- We may cancel tour due to poor weather or road condition
- If cancellation is required, you will be offered a different date, walking tour with refund of difference or full refund
- Private tour is available on request with additional charge
- This tour does not include lunch
- Not recommended for those who have not ridden a bike for a long time
- Not recommended for more than 185cm tall person because of the bicycle design
- 8 days or more prior to the tour date: 0% of a tour fee
- 4 days to 7 days prior to the tour date: 30% of a tour fee
- 1 day to 3 days prior to the tour date: 50% of a tour fee
- Within 1 day prior to the tour date or no show: 100% of a tour fee
- During the tour, you can leave big luggage inside of our bike garage
- It is preferred to bring a jacket and gloves to keep you warm in autumn and winter season
- The current model bike does not have any basket for safety so it is better to bring a backpack
- For a return train to Takayama, it leaves Hida-Hagiwara at 2:14pm, 3:42pm, 5:22pm and 6:42pm
- We can tell you some recommended restaurants for lunch near from the station
Our guide welcome you at the station. After the registration, he or she shares the summary of tour and how to use e-bike.
On the way to Maze village, we have some stops. One of the beautiful spots is the townscape and mountain view in Hagiwara.
After the uphill and tunnel, you will see one of the best rivers in Japan. You will be surprised at the color and clearness of water.
Cycling along the river, we will visit the scenic valley village. Our guide will offer you some insights of life in the mountainous area.
Before going back to the station, we stop by the crystal river for a leisurely time. Tea option is available too.
The way back to the station is mainly downhill, which you can feel the clear mountain breeze just to go down easily.